David Swanson joins Thad to #UnmaskMilitarism of World War I, discuss the largest most effective peace movement in the USA, and why both World Beyond War & Veterans for Peace want to Reclaim Armistice Day!
Five-time Nobel Peace Prize Nominee, prolific blogger, writer, journalist and activist, David Swanson of World Beyond War joins Thad to
- #UnmaskMilitarism and the "phantom menace" behind WWI
- Discuss the inspiring forgotten 1920s mainstream peace movement which overcame diverse political ideologies and created a treaty to ban all war from David Swanson's book, When the World Outlawed War.
- List four priorities of Choose Life Abort War.
- Tell why Veterans for Peace think it's good idea to #ReclaimArmisticeDay
- Build a Culture of Peace in big or small ways w/ World Beyond War.
- Tease you with upcoming guests including an Air Force Chaplain court-martialed for applying Just War criteria, a Veteran For Peace who rehumanizes enemies and war victims through photography, two expert Conscientious Objector counselors, and a movie producer/human rights activist who faced an al-Queada warlord to negotiate peace.
Intro/ outro music: “Choose Life,” by C. Fulmer (c) 1985, used with permission.